How to Join MSA Soccer Teams
Each season, MSA requires on-site player evaluations for team placement.
|Ages||Evaluation Dates||Season Start|
|U9-U14 Players||June 5-8, 2017||mid-August 2017|
|U15 Players (non High School)||June 5-8, 2017||mid-August 2017|
|U15-U19 Players||November 2017||mid-November 2017|
- Click here to determine your child’s playing age.
- If you missed player evaluations, and are looking to join MSA mid-season, please contact our club directors for more information.
Once a roster spot has been offered and accepted, will you be required to follow the player registration process.
Program Details | 2017-2018 Season
|Club Operations Included||
Additional Competition Dues
- The club directors and coaches will determine the appropriate competition schedule for each team based on their age, level of play and travel requirements. Competitions can include tournaments, additional leagues, play dates or friendlies.
- Most teams will participate in 2-4 additional competitions.
- Some teams will only participate in the included tournaments, and thus not incur any additional dues.
- Any additional competition dues will be handled through individual team accounts separate from the online billing system.
Players are assigned teams based on age, level, and team availability.
Premier Teams | U9-U19
MSA Premier is the highest level of training and competition within MSA club soccer. Our Premier players and coaches will demonstrate the highest level of commitment to excellence in skills, fitness, work ethic, attitude and sportsmanship. Premier players and coaches will demonstrate a commitment to the club, their team and their own soccer development.
Players and teams compete against premier teams from leagues and clubs throughout the region and nation, and based on age and level, teams will compete in 4-6 tournaments annually, that carry additional fees.
Challenge Teams | U9-U19
MSA Challenge is the first stage of “travel” club soccer. Travel is not as extensive and time consuming as “Premier” soccer, as it is typically limited and shorter distances. The goal of MSA Challenge is to provide an environment in which the level of competition, commitment, and player development falls between that of the recreation and premier levels. All Challenge coaches are paid, experienced club soccer coaches and have a responsibility to develop the soccer skills and team play of their players.
With two training sessions per week, Challenge players will rapidly increase their skills and abilities. Challenge teams participate in the PA West Soccer Association leagues. Based on age and level, teams typically compete in 1-3 tournaments annually.
This program is geared towards the players that have played recreational soccer for a while, and want to “jump to the next level”, in order to prepare for grade school, middle school or high school soccer. It also prepares players that are ready to commit to the Premier level and need to refine their skills.